About The School
The American Academy of Health and Wellness offers a Master’s of Acupuncture (MAc), Master’s of Science in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (MAOM), and Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM). Students may choose to develop special skills in one of the following areas of traditional Chinese medicine: gynecology, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, dermatology, neurological disorders, musculo-skeletal disorders or sensory organ disorders.
Statement of Purpose
The American Academy of Health and Wellness educates and prepares students to become licensed practitioners of acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), to advance the profession through lifelong learning and professional development, and to actively support the integration of TCM with the wider U.S. health care system.
The educational objectives of AAAOM are listed below. To achieve these objectives graduates will:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the theories and philosophy of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Be competent in skills of patient assessment, clinical diagnosis, and the development of treatment plans.
- Be able to effectively administer various modalities in traditional Chinese medicine.
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding of Western medical science to complement TCM medical diagnosis and to enable informed and responsible referrals.
- Display a sound understanding of professional ethics.
- Be competent in the application of professional practice standards in order to communicate and interact appropriately with peers and patients.
- Be prepared to enter all available TCM professional practice opportunities including those in private practice, integrated clinics, hospitals, community health centers, teaching, and research.
The American Academy of Health and Wellness is located at 1925 West County Road B2 in Roseville, Minnesota, near the junction of Interstate 35W and Highway 36. Our facilities include five classrooms, a teaching clinic with fifteen treatment rooms and two consultation rooms, a conference room, study room, herbal pharmacy, library, bookstore, and administrative and faculty offices. Classrooms are equipped with acupuncture charts and models, human anatomy models, and herbal samples. There is also a student lounge area and space for ongoing Tai Chi and Qi Gong courses. The building has ample free parking to accommodate students, faculty, and patients.
- Chinese Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Neurological Disorders
- Pain Management